While most people were busy with last minute Christmas shopping, on December 20th of last year Representatives Warren Davidson and Darren Soto were busy finalizing and introducing the proposed new “Token Taxonomy Act” (HR 7356). The proposed Token Taxonomy Act seeks to modify both existing securities and tax laws to create a safe haven with respect to the issuance and trading of cryptocurrency assets. While the bill takes some novel approaches there are several items in the bill which I think both raise concern as well as hinder the chance that this bill will actually make it into law.
Anthony J. Zeoli
Top Posts & Pages
- THE 4 TYPES OF CROWDFUNDING
- LOOKING FOR THE EXIT - Commissioner Aguilar Presses On The Need For Greater Secondary Market Liquidity
- WHO IS HOLDING YOUR MONEY AND CAN YOU TRUST THEM?
- “ACCREDITED INVESTOR,” WHAT IT MEANS AND WHY IT MATTERS
- INVESTOR PROTECTION ISSUE - WHY YOU MAY WANT TO RECONSIDER HOW “SECURE” YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR REAL ESTATE CROWDFUNDING INVESTMENT
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets